- ePSS WEB Search and Browse U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations online.
- Email Notifications Subscribe for ePSS PDA email notifications. Receive notifications of application and ePSS data updates.
- Get Adobe Reader
The Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) application is continually expanding mobile device support. Go to the Products page to review the supported devices and mobile platforms.
Functional enhancements have been made to the Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) Android, BlackBerry OS 10, iPhone/iPod touch, and iPad applications. Download and upgrade to the latest ePSS to take advantage of these enhancements. This process only takes minutes. Nothing needs to be uninstalled and the installation process is the same as the initial application downloaded.
New features include:
- Search for recommendations by keyword text. Keywords are highlighted in the search results.
- Bookmark any recommendations or topics for later viewing.
- Save Search feature provides quick access to the routinely viewed recommendations.
- Update of ePSS recommendations data automatically on application launch. (wireless or WiFi internet connection required)
- Print (iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad only) or email recommendations or saved search results.
- Print ePSS Recommendations Rx (iPad only) or email patient specific customized recommendations.
- Print Tools information (iOS only)
- Compatible with iOS 8
New Rationale and Grade Definitions
The USPSTF has modified the format for recommendation statements. The ePSS application update reflects these changes. More information about the modified recommendation statement can be found in the articles referenced below.
The letter grades used by the USPSTF remain the same (A, B, C, D, I), but the definitions have changed and are incorporated into the ePSS application:
- Recommendations to which the new grade definitions apply are marked with an asterisk (*)
- The grade definition appear in a "scroll-over" box associated with the grade letter.
- New and old grade definitions are described in the "Grade Definitions" section of the tool.
These changes are described in the articles referenced below.
For more information:
The USPSTF provides several resources that describe its methods and provide more information about its grades and recommendation statements.
"How to Read the New Recommendation Statement: Methods Update from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force" , can be accessed via the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force website at http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf07/methods/methupd.pdf
"Current Processes of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force: Refining Evidence-Based Recommendation Development", can be accessed via the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force website at http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf07/methods/currprocess.pdf.
"First Annual Report to Congress: High-Priority Evidence Gaps for Clinical Preventive Services", can be accessed via the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force website at http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/annlrpt/index.html.